Glitter Nail Polish is one of my favourite things, if I want to jazz up my nails or go for a wonderfully girly finish I reach straight for my glitter polish. Almost always my nails have a glittery accent nail! What I don't love about glitter polishes is how hard they are to remove, I find myself either going through endless cotton pads scrubbing my nails back and forth to remove the glitter or ruining the inside of my dip and twist nail polish remover pots with the scratchy glitter particles as they come away. In short, removing glitter nail polish is time consuming and a total nightmare.
One of the most popular methods for easily removing glitter polish is wrapping your nails in polish dipped cotton pads and then wrapping them in foil for a few minutes. As much as this method works really well, I find it a little wasteful foil-wise and it takes a long time to do! The method I use seems unbelievably easy but it works for me every time in a matter of minutes.

YOU WILL NEED:
> Nail Polish Remover
> Cotton Pads or Balls
> A Lid (I use the Nail Polish Remover Lid)
> Cotton Buds (optional)

HOW TO:
Tip the nail polish into the lid carefully, then take your cotton pad or ball and push it inside the lid and leave it for a few seconds. When you remove it from the lid it should have soaked up all of the polish remover and be saturated in formula.
Hold the soaked cotton on each nail pressing firmly so it deposits a little nail polish remover onto the nail, hold for up to twenty seconds and then sweep away. You should only be left with a little glitter around the corners of your nails, if at all, which you can remove by dipping the end of a cotton bud into the polish and gently sweeping it over the area.

You should need only two or three soaked pads for a full set of ten nails coated in glitter polish, but dip them as you go along to prevent them drying out or seeping formula.

Enjoy easily removing your glitter polish without all the faffy tin foil!

32 comments:

  1. I have the exact same problem and this was so helpful! Defiantly will try this

    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works for you Nicola, it is so super easy! x

      Delete
  2. This is so clever Holly! I thought you were going to say leave the cotton in the lid & swirl finger around, a la Bourjois One Second - guess lid wouldn't be big enough!

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nic :)! I think swirling your finger in the pot of polish would work but I personally don't like too much contact between the skin around my nails and nail polish remover as I find it a bit drying! x

      Delete
  3. YAY! The whole tin foil thing is very annoying so when I saw that you had written a post all about how to remove glitter nailpolish without the tin foil , I was beyond excited: )

    annadeglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, I hope you enjoy fuss free glitter polish removing :)! x

      Delete
  4. Great idea, Holly! Your tips really are worth the effort it takes you to write them :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, what a lovely comment x

      Delete
  5. Thank you! my bf is going to be so happy that then tin foil doesn't live in my beauty supplies anymore!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely going to try this! Glitter nail varnish is my favourite just an absolute nightmare to get off. Thanks for sharing(:

    Sian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one thing that I hate about glitter varnish is taking it off...I actually dread the day I have to remove it! x

      Delete
  7. Definitely will be trying this out :) thanks for the tip. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it's really tough glitter polish you can use an inravelled cotton ball, and tear it into ten nail sized pieces, dip them into the lid of remover and place them on your nail for 3-4 minutes! It allows the remover to seep through the nail and the glitter usually comes off once you swipe the cotton away the first time! It does look rather funky though, maybe should be kept for doing it alone haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, I do hate pulling apart cotton though!x

      Delete
  9. That's such a good idea! I waste way too many cotton pads taking glitter polish off so will definitely try this next time! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This should use only three pads/balls if you've used up to two coats of glitter. It works on all sorts of glitters too! x

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. You're welcome Gina, it's so simple it seems silly to blog about but hopefully it will help lots of glitter loving ladies like myself! x

      Delete
  11. THanks for this, I hated to waste foil as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, as far as I see it foil should be in the kitchen not on my nails! x

      Delete
  12. Can't wait to try this, the tin foil method always seems like such an effort! x

    www.a-place-for-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much effort Elissa, it does work but I'm just too lazy to go get the foil and cut it to size (so i dont waste tonnes) and things! This method is almost the same without the foil really x

      Delete
  13. this is such a good idea! I'm doing a 'nail art 101' type post soon, would it be okay if I linked this post?xx

    islaay.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. If only I had read this a few weeks ago, I had the most enormous trouble removing a Deborah Lippmann polish.. I was at it for about 40 minutes!! Such a pretty polish but that was enough to really make me not want to use it again >.<

    Kayleigh
    http://addictfordramaticsbeauty.blogspot.com
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Deborah Lippmann polishes can be a bit of a nightmare to remove because the glitter is so thick! If you have more problems, try popping a bit of moisturiser onto your nail, rubbing it in and then using a cuticle stick to 'flick away' the glitter, this is what I do for more stubborn pieces! x

      Delete
  15. I tried this method on acrylic nails...it doesn't work:( any other suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sami, this method may not have worked on your acrylic nails as they are much much stronger than normal nails x

      Delete
  16. Hiya!
    Oh you seem as crazy about glitter as I am :) I recently did a post on how to get the glitter effect on a budget so your tips will come in handy when I have to remove it :)

    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck, I think a little time and patience is all you need for good results!

      Delete

© All content Copyright to Holly Arabella unless stated otherwise.