Throughout the festive season I go candle crazy, there's a candle burning on my bedside table as long as I'm in my room whenever I'm there (you may have noticed a number of bloggers going candle crazy, it appears to be contagious)!
There are plenty of glorious luxury candles in the shops this year but my favourite brand to turn to is Yankee Candle. Yankee Candle have a huge range of scents suited to anyone's tastes, and of course the sweet, sugary and fruity scents land right up my street. If you're a fan of Yankee's Vanilla Cupcake then this will be up your street too!
'Christmas Cupcake' is one of my top picks to burn throughout the festive season, it's the perfect twist on a classic cupcake scent with its hints of spice and sugar toppings - it reminds me of a batch of freshly baked cupcakes and sugar cookies, mm mm. The scent isn't overpowering, artificial or sickly at all, it's so true to life and lets face it, who doesn't like the smell of freshly baked cakes? How fantastic to have the scent filling your rooms even when you're not baking.

To get the most burn time and an even burn from your candles always trim the wick straight across before you light it to ensure it burns evenly.

Yankee Candles retail at varying prices from varying retailers across the UK, I picked my small jar up from a local independent retailer for £8.39.

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I much prefer this scent to Yankees 'Christmas Cookie' which I find a little too sickly and overpowering x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think it's well worth the investment, a lovely scent x

      Delete
  3. Christmas wreath or cinnamon stick are my favourite scents by Yankee candle but its all about preference. Gonna get a whole lot of burning out of it! :) xx

    www.charissarae.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely down to preference, I'm a huge fan of sugary sweet or fruity scents personally and steer clear of spice x

      Delete
  4. I love yankee candles!! Love the Xmas scents!!
    Charli...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I have another post coming soon on the same topic x

      Delete
  5. Ahh I really want to try this! They're soo expensive though, I just can't justify it unless it's a present obviously...

    http://www.la-vida-fresa.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really expensive which is why I limit myself from going crazy. A few of my Twitter followers recommended Yankee Doodle to me which is an online website that sells the candles at a discounted price, the discounts are good but I did receive a 'dud' product that I couldn't use, they have told me they've sent another one though.
      I know independent retailers sell these candles at different prices so if you want the best deal I'd recommend shopping about, I saw over the weekend Debenhams & House of Fraser had some good discounts on Yankees so keep checking! x

      Delete
  6. I went candle crazy as well and yesterday I ordered some Bath and Body Works one:) Can't wait to receive them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have never tried Bath & Body Works before, I hear a lot of positive feedback about them however x

      Delete
  7. I have the sampler size and it smells so yummy!

    Gillian x

    www.glamupeveryday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely my top, top pick of Christmas candles - you can't beat that fresh baked scent! x

      Delete
  8. this is my favourite, still have one from last year that I am yet to burn.

    http://studsanddreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh get burning Lorna, I absolutely love mine! Part of me wants to save it but the other part of me just wants to burn it to fill every room with its delicious scent! x

      Delete
  9. I bought this as a Christmas present for my boyfriend's mum - fingers crossed she likes it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will love it, I'm sure! It's a perfect Christmas scent x

      Delete
  10. I am burning this right now :) Gosh it smells so yummy I could eat it! Yankee Candle are on sale in clinton cards at the moment, half price I believe. I am tempted to just stock pile loadsss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went into my local Clintons and they had nothing on sale despite having the signs for it, I asked about it and got a rather dry 'we don't really know' reply! I did purchase from Yankee Doodle after a number of twitter recommendations but they sent me a very faulty product and I don't think I'd purchase from there again in case of re-running the risk!

      Delete

© All content Copyright to Holly Arabella unless stated otherwise.