Meet Skinetica - formerly known as Acnigon - the anti-blemish liquid that has transformed my frequently acne-prone skin for good. Skinetica has a revolutionary formula that soothes, calms, and clears acne prone skin without the use of harsh chemicals, just four ingredients that have been dermatologically tested and approved.
When it comes to discussing problem-skin and products that helped me to clear it I'd like to point out that everyone's skin is different and you need to consider what will work for you as an individual before purchasing something and using it regularly. For example, my skin is extremely reactive to ingredients such as salicylic acid and so many acne treatments I've tried have actually worsened the situation. Thus, despite these sorts of treatments being the most popular remedies, I avoid using them; Skinetica just so happened to work incredibly well for me as an alternative. 
Before trying this product and applying it regularly it is important to consider your skins type and its reaction to ingredients. The ingredients are as follows, in order of appearance on the bottle: 

Purified Water, Ethyl Alcohol, Fragrance and Quaternary Ammonium Chloride

It seems to be an unwritten rule that applying any form of alcohol to your skin is a no go zone but I personally say it depends on your skins type and how often you apply it; alcohol will typically dry out your skin but that's the effect you want to happen so that the spots dry up and clear away. The dryness can easily be remedied with a deep moisturiser and application of a weekly moisture boosting mask.

Skinetica is packaged inside a small 100ml plastic bottle, the design is very medicinal and doesn't feel too welcoming but it's whats inside that counts. The bottles are really lightweight and I've found them to travel really well without a bother; you can always decant some into a smaller container if you're travelling away. To dispense the product simply flip off the lid and add a few drops to a cotton pad or ball before sweeping over the face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
The formula isn't pictured because it is as described - a clear liquid - I find you only need to use a little bit for a full sweep of your face and neck. I apply this after cleansing and toning but before serums and moisturisers, just because I find the ethyl alcohol dries my skin out a little if used alone without any follow-up moisture. 
It's recommended that you use the product 'every 12 hours' (twice a day), I personally found this direction a little strong on my skin if continued over time. My method of application is to apply twice a day every day for seven days and then once in the evening from then on. If I miss a couple of days or don't feel like I need to use Skinetica then when I start using it again I start my application routine again.
The results of Skinetica really have been amazing for my combination, acne prone skin. I've been using it since around August last year and it's made a visibly dramatic improvement to the condition of my skin, it whips away oil and banishes it all day and night as well as cleansing out my pores and ridding my skin of spots and blemishes in a matter of days, the redness of blemishes is reduced within hours of application. Continued use of Skinetica has helped clear away any breakouts much quicker than if left untreated, I've also found my breakouts have gradually become less frequent, less flared and can be controlled much faster than ever before.

If you suffer from acne prone skin or regular break outs and find other spot treatments just haven't worked for you, or if like me your skin is reactive to popular skincare ingredients, then Skinetica is definitely something worth trying out. When my skin calms down and has a better appearance I use Skinetica only on the affected areas as a target treatment, it's a really versatile product that has changed the way I feel about going out with bare skin, without feeling any shame about its condition. I absolutely swear by Skinetica, nothing has ever worked so well for my skin, already I'm onto my third bottle and I'm not looking back.

A bottle of Skinetica will set you back £6.99 + £3 P&P totalling at £9.99, you can also purchase the bottles in bulk packs of 2-6 and make lots of savings. I pick up my bottles of Skinetica from their website but you can also find it in local pharmacies.

Get a free sample of Skinetica to try out for yourself here.

22 comments:

  1. I had a sample of this and cleared up my blemishes that I had in my neck for months! Nothing would budge them. Top stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good isn't it, I think the sample size is great to keep for travelling. Top stuff indeed!

      Delete
  2. This sounds like it has really worked for you, my skin has really been playing up recently and nothing seems to budge my blemishes, ill be ordering a sample! :-)

    gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used this longer than any other skin treatment I've ever used, it worked absolute wonders for me and I'm so happy for it! I wish they'd make the website a little more welcoming and user friendly though, when making my first order I was really apprehensive but their customer service and delivery are great!

      Delete
  3. I have the sample of this and think it's really good. I think I'll get the full sized version when my Alpha Gold runs out as this is a cheaper alternative.

    http://www.daniellesdiscerningeye.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is great considering how good the results are. Some samples were sent out a while ago in Glossyboxes weren't they? A lot of people responded very well to them by the looks of it.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely loved this - got it in a Glossybox ! It works better for me than origins super spot remover and is really great at helping the pesky marks they leave behind to heal :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard origins Super Spot Remover is really good but unfortunately for me it is near entirely Salicylic Acid which I can't use, I was gutted because I did really want to try it. Skinetica is great, I found you can really adapt it to your skin and its needs.

      Delete
  5. I got a sample of this and used it religiously and thought it made no difference but now the samples done with I can tell it helped with controlling my problem skin xx

    www.charissarae.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sample bottles have only a couple of days-worth of product in them and I personally think this is a product that needs to be used over time on really problematic skin to see good results. I've been using this quite a long time and wanted to do that before I wrote about it so I could really say if it works or not, I am so pleased that it has!

      Delete
  6. I'm so tired of battling my adult acne, and the more I try the worse it gets. Honestly, just cleansing and moisurising has so far been the best course of action.
    Still have some stubborn spots, so I've ordered a sample and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nightmare isn't it, when I was younger I was told by the time I was 20 my skin would be all cleared up but it was a bit of false hope really. Good luck with your sample, I hope this works for you.

      Delete
  7. I had a sample of this and it's been an absolute godsend. I won't use anything else now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so pleased to hear from so many people who have loved this too.

      Delete
  8. I went on the link you provided the night you uploaded this post and I received my free sample in this mornings post! I'm looking forward to trying it! Thanks :)! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you ordered a sample and it came so fast, enjoy! I hope you get on well with it.

      Delete
  9. My sample arrived today, such a good sample size! I'm so excited to try it out after reading your review on it. Hope it sorts out my skin x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyones samples are arriving so quickly, I'm very glad to hear this, the full sized bottles arrive super quick too. Enjoy your sample, I hope it works for you.

      Delete
  10. Thankyou for posting this! I got a sample in glossybox, and didn't really take much notice of it.
    Since using it for the last 4 days, my skin is so much better! I had really bad acne all along my jawline, which was really starting to depress me, but it is starting to work already, so really pleased. Also, ordered two full size bottle on Tuesday, and it already arrived. So thanks very much, I'm hoping it will keep working and isn't just a fluke! haha

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, I am so glad you made use of your sample after reading this post, it's a skin saviour!

      Delete
  11. Great review!
    I should try it out. Looks like it's working!
    http://8881397.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very good indeed, I personally recommend it but everyones experience will differ particularly with products targeting problem skin, there's no harm in requesting a sample and giving it a go!

      Delete

© All content Copyright to Holly Arabella unless stated otherwise.